Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Marble Madness!

After I received my iPad last year I was so enthralled with it, I used it in almost every session.  I loved it!  So, imagine my surprise when the other SLP at my building introduced MARBLES!  I thought, "How 20th Century!"  I WAS WRONG!  Kids loved them.  We even found our older students were excited by them as well.  We have used them for reinforcers for articulation, language, fluency (great for "catching" the stutter),  The best part is the kids take data for you!


Another great use for marbles is my Molly the Marble Muncher.  I cannot take credit for her.  I actually credited at a workshop by the Anne Carlson Center in Fargo, North Dakota. 

They provided us with a small trash can the Dollar Store or Target, pom poms, yarn, googly eyes and a hot glue gun and let us create!  Molly not only munches marbles!  She loves to snack on cards, small toys, and sometimes small fingers.  (Okay, no fingers!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment